Classes

Dorothy's Creative Classes and Workshops
Click here for more information about my classes and workshops!

Thursday 19 January 2012

Tips and Tricks - Saving Paper


This is a pretty simple layout using the Elemental paper pack from CTMH.  
The layout pattern is Sweet Symphony from the Imagine how to book.
I also used Chocolate Waxy Flax from CTMH for the stitching.

The second picture is a picture of the back of the right hand page of the layout.
With the new heavier weight B&T Duos paper from CTMH, there is no need to have 3 layers of paper on the page.  To save paper, after cutting all peices I will arrange the layout without attaching anything.  Then anywhere where there is a large amount of paper that is double or triple layers I will cut out the back paper leaving about 3/4 of an inch around the edge as a gluing edge.  This means that I will have pieces of paper that can be used on other layouts or cards!   From this layout, I ended up with a 6 1/2" x 9 3/4" piece of Desert Sand cardstock as well as a 3" x 8" piece of the red/green patterned B&T paper. That's plenty of paper to make a card or to add to another layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment