Classes

Dorothy's Creative Classes and Workshops
Click here for more information about my classes and workshops!

Saturday 31 March 2012

Playing with my Heat Embosser

Playing with my Heat Embosser




I dug out my heat embosser and some clear embossing powder this week to play.  I haven't used it for a long time, and I saw some cool cards posted by some fellow CTMH Consultants and I was inspired to play.  One card is made with what is called the "burned batik" technique, the other two are normal embossing, one highlighted by sponging some of the same colour ink as the background and the other highlighted by sponging a couple of different inks to create a stronger contrast and a more distressed look.  


I'm loving how these turned out, I definitely will be making more!!!  These three have all been sent out already, cards of thanks and get well from the Scout Group, how perfect are these stamps for cards from the Scouts?!


Here is a link to a tutorial on the burned batik technique.


Here are some more closeups of these cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment