Classes

Dorothy's Creative Classes and Workshops
Click here for more information about my classes and workshops!

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Heart 2 Heart Challenges - Something Halloween

This week's challenge at Heart 2 Heart is to create something for Halloween and/or involving pumpkins.  I don't know why, but I had a very hard time with this one.  With my kids being older now and no longer doing the Trick or Treat thing, I don't have Halloween costume pictures to scrap every year, and also don't have the pumpkin picking and carving pictures to scrap either!

I ended up trying out a new technique with a suspended element in the window of a card, and I actually really like how it turned out!  I'm going to have to incorporate this idea in some Christmas cards I think!

Here's my spidy card.


It's a pretty clean and simple card, but I like the effect.  I think next time I would use either beige or black thread to string up spidy, the white is a little too visable.  Hmmm....I think I'm going to have to dig, I think I have some clear thread somewhere that I should try!

The paper is last year's Halloween paper pack.  The spider and the word Halloween are both cut from the Artiste cartridge.

Head on over to Heart 2 Heart Challenges to show us your Halloween creations!

Thanks for looking!!!



1 comment:

  1. Very cool and creepy card. Love that Cricut spider! I'm in the same boat, with kids who no longer dress up or want to decorate--takes some of the fun out of Halloween!

    ReplyDelete