Classes

Dorothy's Creative Classes and Workshops
Click here for more information about my classes and workshops!

Friday 23 November 2012

I wish I owned embossing folders.....

One tool that I do not have in my scraproom "yet" is an embossing machine of some sort...I have a couple of the old fashioned embossing plates and an embossing stylus, but making this card reminded me of just how long and tedious it is to use those!  Some day I'll collect enough $ together to get myself one...until then, don't think I'm going to do this hand embossing thing again!

Here's the card I made while watching Big Bang and Glee with the kids last night.




I only embossed 4 snowflakes on the card base and that took forever!

The large snowflake is cut with my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and stamped with two images from the snowflake stamp set.  I love the two stage stamps and the look you can get so easily with the clear stamps.

I'm entering this card in the Unscripted Sketches piggyback challenge #185 as well as the CAS-ual Fridays challenge CFC79.

6 comments:

  1. Yes I do remember the manual embossing days ... and you did a fantastic job ... the subtle texture is the perfect touch ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very labour intensive but well, WELL worth the effort! I have several of the brass templates and do pull them out once in a while....and then realize how tedious it really is and back on the shelf they go :)

    I do find that, like your images, the effect is sublte but very crisp. The is two step stamping is so pretty! I love where you placed the sentiment and the stamped image! Thanks for sharing your determined craftiness with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anytime you like you can use mine.. likely just as quick to run over and use mine... I love the snowflake.. great card.. I love that cart..
    thanks for joining us at unscripted sketches..
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty!! I love the embossed snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stamping and although they took a long time the embossing is also great Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your card. Love the texture and the stamping on the edge of the card is awesome. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete